I got some great feedback from my 9 Things to do in and around Exeter for February half term blog, and I was asked by many to come up with some more ideas so I have put together another blog with more things to do, hope you find this one useful too!
1. Cookery with the kids beside the Cathedral..
Children’s half term holiday cookery beside the Cathedral. “Cracking good fun as kids go flipping mad cooking up tasty treats this Pancake Day” book here
3. Exeter Library have a Harry Potter Craft event on Monday 13th 10am-3pm. Plus Bounce and Rhyme at 10.15am and 11am on Tuesday 14th and Storytime at 2pm on Friday 17th. All of these events are FREE, for more information head here.
4. Place your bets at Exeter Racecourse’s Super Sunday on 12 February
A pair of pre-booked Grandstand and Paddock tickets cost just £15 and children race free. There is money to be won & it’s a fun day out for the family, for more information click here.
5. Go walking, mountain biking or Gruffalo hunting at Haldon Forest Park, all you have to pay for is the parking.
6. Head to the beach
7. Head to Teignmouth for it’s historic pier, dinosaur crazy golf, a huge play park and (our favourite) the skate ramp on the front. We’ve spent a lot of time in Teignmouth lately, the kids love it, here‘s an early blog I wrote about it.
Go wild on the moors
8. Get your walking boots on and get some Tors under your belt on beautiful Dartmoor or just explore the villages and walks around them. We can highly recommend discovering Whiddon Deer Park, from there you can see Castle Drogo on the hill.
9. If you do head to Whiddon be sure to pay Castle Drogo a visit, this half term they have a Fairy story trail all week or let your kids go wild with The Wild Tribe on Sunday 12th. The castle itself is shut for the winter but the grounds are gorgeous, we visited last year, you can read all about our visit here.
10. Lastly, try out The Bear Trail in Cullompton, an outdoor assault course for all the family, but wear some old clothes, you’re going to get filthy! Here’s my blog about the children’s activities and new blogger Fran’s recent blog about Bear Fit – adult fitness classes at The Bear Trail.
For more ideas on half term fun, check out my fellow bloggers ideas:
Organised Jo knows all about half term activities in the Torbay area, Devon Daze loves exploring outdoors near Exeter and Wellies and flip Flops covers Devon, Dorset and Somerset. Also see Gina Caro’s Top 5 things for families to do in Exeter on In Exeter’s blog.
Have a fabulous half term. We’d love to hear all about your plans and any tips or recommendations you have for us, just drop us a line below!